Blue Minstrel ‘Resolve’ Build
Table of Contents
Welcome, here you will find the best possible build you can have for Healing Minstrel. It’s built specifically around having the lowest inductions, and having a high morale pool, while also being critical rating and outgoing healing capped.
Minstrels are a must have class for higher size instances, such as 6-mans and raids. They bring great burst/focused healing, great damage buffs for the group through their Anthems and provide reliable in-combat rezes (revives) on a short cooldown.
Minstrels do not have great mobility (unlike Beorning Healers), as most of their skills require them them to pinned in once place, but recent changes to Major Ballad healing output have been nice and it heals for a decent amount, and can be used while running. Minstrel is probably the safest choice to take as a reliable healer, with all things considered in the end.
*This applies to all levels, from 0 to 130.
The best stat to have as a healer in general is Critical Rating, along with Outgoing Healing. Vitality is pretty important as well as a healer, so you don’t waste valuable time healing yourself instead your group members.
Critical Rating > Outgoing Healing > Vitality > Tactical Mitigation
(These stats are acquired from Essences, Virtues, LIs, etc.)
With Endgame gear and correct placement of Essences, Virtues and so on, self buffed stats should be around:
|Outgoing Healing||75% |
(Hover on Tactical Mastery)
* While you are gearing up, remove all Essences from your current Gear, and then slot Essences as per the Stat goals. After you have met the Stat goals, then place the right Virtues (more down on that down below). This way you can plan your setup better, and utilize Essences perfectly, and can dump the remaining Essences in Vitality or other Stat of your choice after meeting Stat goals mentioned above.
The new Armour Set from Remmorchant Raid called ‘Potent Alacrity’ is extremely good for healing Minstrels. It reduces all inductions by half with Cry of Chorus, and it works pretty well with Anvil 2-set Light Armour called ‘Concentration’ set, which also reduces induction time by 10%. Ideally, you want both set bonus, 4 from Remmorchant set and 2 from Anvil set.
- 4x Potent Alacrity Set
These 4 pieces (Greater) upgradeables are from the Remmorchant Barter in Estolad Lan. If you don’t have access to this set, you can easily use the previous (Old) dropped Raid Armour of Item Level 430, which is also barterable. Make sure to not mix the sets, new Set bonus doesn’t combine with the old one.
Here is the Anvil Set to use:
Use these to reach Critical Rating values of 550,000+.
Use these to reach 75%+ Outgoing Healing, check for value by hovering on Tactical Mastery.
These are filler essences, use these once Critical Rating and Outgoing Healing are at required levels, and save room for 3 Trigger Essences.
Special Trigger Essences to use:
These are the three recommended Trigger essences for healing Minstrel.
There’s generally just one good way of traiting a Blue Minstrel, in which you get everything you need just from one tree. However, you will need a swap Yellow tree to put Anthems before the fight starts, and then swap back to Blue
Here is the build for Blue tree:
You get everything important here, the damage reduction from Inspire Fellows, Composure Anthem and extra 5% Tactical Mitigation from Yellow Line. The 5% critical chance and Anthem of War from Red Line. The remaining all important traits you also get from Blue line.
Next, here is my tree for Yellow line swap for Anthems. I also use Call to Greatness skill before switching back to Blue line.
This Tree has everything you need for Max Anthems, along with Call to Greatness. It also has some healing potential in case you get stuck in Yellow.
These are the virtues I use to reach the Stat Goals. You can play around with these to get the numbers you want, but I would not recommend using any Mits virtues (apart from Fidelity) as you don’t gain much from them.
By using these Virtues, I reach my Stat Goals, while still maintaining a good Morale pool.
- Honesty (Great for extra Outgoing Healing (through Tactical Mastery) and Critical Rating)
- Confidence (Great for extra Critical and some Finesse)
- Honour (Excellent for extra Morale and Critical Defence)
- Loyalty (Number 1 virtue for Morale, for any class)
- Fidelity (Gives decent Morale + Tactical Mits)
If you don’t have these virtues, here are some alternatives:
These are pretty straight-forward for Minstrel, there’s no weapon swapping at all. Only required to swap your Book for Anthems, once every 2 to 3 minutes. (Don’t forget to swap it back).
|Major||Anthem Duration and |
Melee Skills Critical Magnitude
|Major||Healing Skills Induction Time |
and Healing Skills Critical Rating
|Major||Rally! Cooldown |
and Major Ballad Healing
|Major||Soliloquy of Spirit Healing Magnitude|
|Major||Triumphant Spirit Cooldown |
and Triumphant Spirit Critical Magnitude
|Minor||Call to Ioreth Cooldown |
and Call to Ioreth Healing Skills Critical Magnitude
|Minor||Still as Death Cooldown |
and Song of Distraction Cooldown
Minstrel’s Songbook (Class Item)
|Major||Bolster Courage Healing|
|Major||Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing|
|Major||Inspire Fellows Healing|
|Major||Raise the Spirit Healing|
|Minor||Anthem of Composure |
|Minor||Cry of the Chorus Cooldown |
and Critical Magnitude of Ballads
|Minor||Hammerhand Skills Bubble Magnitude|
Swap Legendary Items
There’s just one Swap Book required for Minstrel:
Non-Imbued Minstrel’s Songbook Swap (Class Item)
|Major||Anthem of War Damage (Physical)|
|Major||Anthem of War Damage (Tactical)|
|Minor||Cry of the Chorus Cooldown|
- Anthem of War Legacies: They give percentage based value to increase skill’s potency, which the imbued version does not give. It’s high recommended you swap to an unimbued book to do Anthem of War and swap back then to main book.
- Cry of the Chorus Cooldown: This is good to have on Swap book, in case the skill is used from a Swap book.
Here is what I do on Minstrel, but before I proceed I will give a little bit of important information which is required to know in order to be a good and effective healer.
Following a strict rotation will not make you an effective healer, but what will is your capacity and timing to react, to heal the person which needs the heal. For that, you need to be on the constant lookout (knowing mechanics helps you predict who will take the next big hit also), you need to be able to select that person which needs attention fast enough. So, to conclude, being able to react fast enough to who’s taking damage and following a good rotation to counter that damage, makes an effective healer.
- Swap to Yellow-line and give all Anthems to your group:
- Swap unimbued book and give Anthem of War
- Anthem of Prowess
- Swap back to main book and give Anthem of Composure
- Now use Anthem of Melody
- Lastly, use Call to Greatness
- Swap back to Blue.
- Do Soliloquy of Spirit (SoS) x3 times on Tank (if you have time).
- Then do Major Ballad x3 times and put Coda of Resonance (Coda) on Tank, this also gives a +incoming heal boost to your fellowship.
- After you use Coda, you have roughly 1 second of time to do another Anthem before it times out, so use Anthem of Third Age now. (If you didn’t get it, that’s fine, do it on next step).
- Now use Cry of Chorus (Chorus) – Raise the Spirit (RtS) – Inspire Fellows. This concludes your pre-buffing (If you missed Anthem of Third Age earlier, use it now).
- If the fight is going smooth, and no one needs healing, identify people in group which are likely to take the most damage. These usually are:
- The tank
- After you have identified, keep stacks of SoS on them as much as you can. SoS – Major Ballad – SoS – Major Ballad. I always try to keep 3 Stacks of SoS on tank and champs.
- If someone needs focused/emergency healing, this could be your tank or some DPS class, I use a Single-target bubble (Song of Hammerhand) if I have it available. Next I use Coda – Chorus – RtS – Bolster – Chord – Perfect Ending (if available). This usually brings them up back to a safe level.
- For emergency group heals, where everyone needs a top up, I use Call to Ioreth – Chorus (if available) – Triumphant Spirit – Chord – Inspire Fellows. Group-wide bubble (Legend of Hammerhand) if required also. Use Fellowship’s Heart if you still cannot keep up with group damage.
- Refresh Anthem of War (with swap book) every 2 minutes. And, keep your Anthem of Third Age active also.
- Don’t use induction skills such as Bolster Courage over and over again if there’s no need, instead try to keep SoS stacks on people who take the most damage. SoS – Major Ballad.
- Use Inspire Fellows often to keep the -incoming damage buff on group going.
- Use Chords and Perfect Ending on people when they require the heals.
- Try to mix Cry of Chorus into rotation as much as you can, it cuts animation of skills, gives you a +40% outgoing healing boost for 10s and gives you the -50% induction time bonus (if you have the raid set). It really should never be off cooldown for long, keep using it.
- If you yourself need healing, use Self bubble first (Gift of Hammerhand), and then Bolster – Chord.
There are the consumables I use on Minstrel:
Updated as of U29.