Blue Rune-keeper ‘Mender’ Build
Table of Contents
Welcome, here you will find a good build for Healing Rune-keepers, tuned for high morale and critical rating. This is a very niche spec, only required for certain encounters, such as Boss 3 of the new Remmorchant raid on T3+ difficulties.
However, Rune-keeper healers are also capable enough to handle most of the other content as well, as they bring in solid healing utility, and none can match their healing per second (HPS). Their only downplay is that they don’t bring in DPS utility for the group, and that’s something SSG devs should look into.
Rune-keeper healers function differently than other traditional healers (such as Minstrel), as they don’t have much burst/fellowship wide heals. They work mostly with HoTs (heal over time skills), which they can place on all members, and with their great group-wide bubbles. This makes the experience unique and fun.
*This applies to all levels, from 0 to 130.
The best stat to have as a healer in general is Critical Rating, along with Outgoing Healing. Vitality is pretty important as well as a healer, so you don’t waste valuable time healing yourself instead your group members.
Critical Rating > Outgoing Healing > Vitality > Tactical Mitigation
(These stats are acquired from Essences, Virtues, LIs, etc.)
With Endgame gear and correct placement of Essences, Virtues and so on, self buffed stats should be around:
|Outgoing Healing||75% |
(Hover on Tactical Mastery)
* While you are gearing up, remove all Essences from your current Gear, and then slot Essences as per the Stat goals. After you have met the Stat goals, then place the right Virtues (more down on that down below). This way you can plan your setup better, and utilize Essences perfectly, and can dump the remaining Essences in Vitality or other Stat of your choice after meeting Stat goals mentioned above.
Healing Rune-keepers did not receive a good set bonus from Remmorchant raid, in fact it’s quite lackluster. So, if you don’t have that set, nothing really will change. You can go with T1 Remmorchant Raid armour pretty much, and aim for the armour pieces which have Outgoing healing on it.
[There was a nice set bonus for healing RKs for a long time, which came from FIs (featured instances), and it gave them +5% incoming critical chance from Flurry of Words. Sadly, that 115 level set bonus is disabled now, even if you wear the 4-set.]
- 4x Eternal Exaltation
- 2x Sudden Thunder
These 6 pieces (Greater) upgradeables are from the Remmorchant Barter in Estolad Lan. If you don’t have access to this set, you can easily use the previous (Old) dropped Raid Armour of Item Level 430, which is also barterable. Make sure to not mix the sets, new Set bonus doesn’t combine with the old one.
Use these to reach Critical Rating values of 550,000+.
Use these to reach 75%+ Outgoing Healing, check for value by hovering on Tactical Mastery.
These are filler essences, use these once Critical Rating and Outgoing Healing are at required levels, and save room for 3 Trigger Essences.
Special Trigger Essences to use:
These are the three recommended Trigger Essences for Healing Rune-keeper.
There’s generally just one good way of traiting a Blue Rune-keeper, in which you get everything you need just from one tree.
Here is the build for Blue tree:
You get everything important here, such as instant Self Motivation from Red Line, 5% Critical chance and some Fate from Yellow Line, and everything you need from Blue Line.
These are the virtues I use to reach the Stat Goals. You can play around with these to get the numbers you want, but I would not recommend using any Mits virtues (apart from Fidelity) as you don’t gain much from them.
By using these Virtues, I reach my Stat Goals, while still maintaining a good Morale pool.
- Honesty (Great for extra Outgoing Healing (through Tactical Mastery) and Critical Rating)
- Confidence (Great for extra Critical and some Finesse)
- Loyalty (Number 1 virtue for Morale, for any class)
- Fidelity (Gives decent Morale + Tactical Mits)
- Honour (Excellent for extra Morale and Critical Defence)
If you don’t have these virtues, here are some alternatives:
These are pretty straight-forward for healing Rune-keeper. You just have to swap Rune-stone for Flurry of Words debuff, which makes it a 100% uptime duration (pretty nice to have for +3% incoming critical chance for your DPS people in group).
|Major||Healing Attuned Skill Power Cost |
and Revive Skills Morale
and Power Recovery
|Major||Healing Over Time|
|Minor||Bombastic Inspiration Heal|
|Minor||Legacy of Vitality|
Rune-keeper’s Rune-satchel (Class Item)
|Major||Prelude to Hope Power Restore|
|Major||Self Motivation Cooldown |
and Runestone Healing/Damage
|Major||Writ of Health Healing|
|Minor||Do Not Fall This Day Cooldown |
and Rousing Words Healing
|Minor||Epic for the Ages Healing|
|Minor||Mending Verse Healing|
|Minor||Word of Exaltation Cooldown |
and Bubble Potency
Swap Legendary Items
There’s just one Swap Rune-stone required for Rune-keeper:
Non-Imbued Rune-stone Swap
|Minor||Chill of Winter Debuff Duration|
(Rest 5 legacies can be random)
This is an important legacy to have on a swap, for all 3 Trait Lines. It makes Flurry of Words debuff a 100% uptime, which can be pretty important in Raids/Instances. Can also be used as a swap in PvP to make Chilling Rhetoric last longer too on 1 target, helps to slow 1 down if surrounded by many.
Here is what I do on Healing Rune-keeper, but before I proceed I will give a little bit of important information which is required to know in order to be a good and effective healer.
Following a strict rotation will not make you an effective healer, but what will is your capacity and timing to react, to heal the person which needs the heal. For that, you need to be on the constant lookout (knowing mechanics helps you predict who will take the next big hit also), you need to be able to select that person which needs attention fast enough. So, to conclude, being able to react fast enough to who’s taking damage and following a good rotation to counter that damage, makes an effective healer.
- The first important thing on healing RK is to keep Writs of Health on all of your Fellowship. This can be easily managed if you keep Rousing Words on cooldown.
- Also if you are in raid, and if you have time and everything is calm, use Writs of Health individually on the other group’s big damage takers also, those are the DPS guys such as Champs and Wardens.
- Now, to focus heal particular people, target them and do Mending – Rune-Sign of Winter – Writ of Health – Bombastic – Prelude. That is the single-target heal rotation.
- You can also use the above rotation on multiple people who are taking damage, when Rousing Words is on cooldown.
- If someone is on the verge of dying, give them a Single-target bubble (Word of Exaltation) – Mending – Epic for the Ages – Writ – Bombastic – Prelude.
- If all group is in danger, then use group-wide bubble (Essay of Exaltation) and try to recover with Rousing Words. If still in danger, use Our Fates Entwined rock.
- Use Fates Rock right away if there is heavy Raid-wide damage incoming.
- Try to keep Flurry of Words on cooldown (with swap Rune-stone) on target’s assist mob location. You can do this when Rousing Words is on cooldown.
- Try to also keep Do Not Falls on your assigned targets on cooldown also.
- Use Self Motivations for self heals, and if you need more, do a Self bubble – Mending – Prelude.
There are the consumables I use on Rune-keeper:
Updated as of U29.