Note before using
We hope this guide will be useful to you. But 2023 is a year of class changes. Currently use this guide as a start point for your level 140 journey.
Last update: June
Class update status: Small ones over time. 2023 update unknown
If you have any other questions or are looking for a place to chat, feel free to join our discord server!
Welcome, here you will find a good build for Healing Rune-keepers, tuned for high morale and critical rating. This is a very niche spec, and only required/nice to have for certain encounters and trials.
However, Rune-keeper healers are also capable enough to handle most of the other content as well, as they bring in solid healing utility, and none can match their healing per second (HPS). Their only downplay is that they don’t bring in DPS utility for the group.
Rune-keeper healers function differently than other traditional healers (such as Minstrel), as they don’t have much of burst/fellowship wide heals. They work mostly with HoTs (heal over time skills), which they can place on all members, and with their great group-wide bubbles. This makes the experience unique and fun.
Other information sources available
Older guide, last updated for U33 – https://lotrohq.com/blue-rune-keeper/
The best stat to have as a healer in general is Critical Rating, along with Outgoing Healing. Vitality is pretty important as well as a healer, so you don’t waste valuable time healing yourself instead your group members.
These goals are kept with Essence & Gear planning in mind, as to which Essences are to be prioritized over others. These goals can also be used when picking Virtues.
Critical Rating > Outgoing Healing > Vitality
After Critical Rating and Outgoing Healing are capped or near capped, and then you can use Vitality essences to fill in the remaining slots
Here are the Virtues which go along with the Stat Goals:
Runekeeper legendary weapons. Priority upgrades viewable in video. Produced by Ghyn.
Rotations - outdated
Here is what I do on Healing Rune-keeper, but before I proceed I will give a little bit of important information which is required to know in order to be a good and effective healer.
Following a strict rotation will not make you an effective healer, but what will is your capacity and timing to react, to heal the person which needs the heal. For that, you need to be on the constant lookout (knowing mechanics helps you predict who will take the next big hit also), you need to be able to select that person which needs attention fast enough. So, to conclude, being able to react fast enough to who’s taking damage and following a good rotation to counter that damage, makes an effective healer.
- The first important thing on healing RK is to keep Writs of Health on all of your Fellowship. This can be easily managed if you keep Rousing Words on cooldown.
- Also if you are in raid, and if you have time and everything is calm, use Writs of Health individually on the other group’s big damage takers also, those are the DPS guys such as Champs and Wardens.
- Now, to focus heal particular people, target them and do Mending – Rune-Sign of Winter – Writ of Health – Bombastic – Prelude. That is the single-target heal rotation.
- You can also use the above rotation on multiple people who are taking damage, when Rousing Words is on cooldown.
- If someone is on the verge of dying, give them a Single-target bubble (Word of Exaltation) – Mending – Epic for the Ages – Writ – Bombastic – Prelude.
- If all group is in danger, then use group-wide bubble (Essay of Exaltation) and try to recover with Rousing Words. If still in danger, use Our Fates Entwined rock.
- Use Fates Rock right away if there is heavy Raid-wide damage incoming.
- Try to keep Flurry of Words on cooldown on target’s assist mob location. You can do this when Rousing Words is on cooldown.
- Try to also keep Do Not Falls on your assigned targets on cooldown also.
- Use Self Motivations for self heals, and if you need more, do a Self bubble – Mending – Prelude.
Information regarding consumables, why, which types, differences, etc.