Note before using
We hope this guide will be useful to you. But 2023 is a year of class changes. Currently use this guide as a start point for your level 140 journey.
Last update: April 2023 U35
Class update status: Unknown, but before U37. Expected small changes
If you have any other questions or are looking for a place to chat, feel free to join our discord server!
Beorning - red
Welcome, here you will find a good build for DPS Beornings. . But they’re still pretty fun to play and can pack a decent claw if played well.
Their DPS has improved and can do some nice numbers if a good static rotation is followed. They can also bring some buffs/utility to the group if there is no healing/tanking Beorning already present in the group.
They bring some good buffs to the team, such as +15% incoming damage to the target (60% uptime), and also reduces target’s Physical Mitigation by 15% (100% uptime). Both quite strong debuffs and can help increase the group DPS by a lot.
Other information sources available
Old guide, last updated on U33 – https://lotrohq.com/red-beorning/
These goals are kept with Essence & Gear planning in mind, as to which Essences are to be prioritized over others. These goals can also be used when picking Virtues.
Critical Rating > Physical Mastery > Tactical Mitigation > Vitality
After Critical Rating and Physical Mastery are capped or near capped, save some room for Trigger essences, and then Tactical Mitigation essences can be used. At the beginning of expansion, Essence slots are really limited, this gets easier as better items become available later down the line.
For landscape you’d normally use a lot more red traits. But in a raid you’ll want the extra debuffs from bees and armour crush.
Early raid build for U35 provided by Gwyns Discord –https://discord.gg/hAZcHspM35
Here are the Virtues which go along with the Stat Goals:
- Loyalty (Great for Vitality)
- Fidelity (Great for Vitality + Tactical Mit)
- Charity (Gives great amount of Resistance, decent Vitality and Physical Mit)
- Tolerance (Gives great amount of Tactical Mit, decent Physical Mit and Resistance)
- Innocence (Gives great amount of Physical Mit, decent Tactical Mit Mit and Resistance)
- If you are over Physical Mitigation cap, swap Innocence with Honour
If you don’t have these virtues, here are some alternatives:
- Honour (Gives decent Tactical Mit, Morale and Critical Defence)
- Fortitude (Gives decent Morale, Resistance and Critical Defence)
- Compassion (Gives great Physical Mit, decent Tactical Mit and Armour Value)
Beorning legendary weapons. Priority upgrades viewable in video. Produced by Gwyn.
Rotations - outdated
Here is the rotation for DPS Beornings:
Pre-buff with Hearten/Composure and Ferocious Roar.Only 2 skills are to be used in Man-form, Slash and Biting Edge, use those skills once every 10s for the dot.
Switch to Bear-form.
Use Expose and Thrash in Bear-form.
Use Bash -> Vicious Claws -> Thrash.
Use Relentless Maul now. If you are traited for Max Red-line, with Call to Wild capstone, then use Call to Wild before using Maul. Use 1x Relentless Maul in between rotations without Call to Wild as CtW will be on cooldown during then.
So, a simple rotation should be:
- Man-form -> Slash -> Biting Edge -> Bear-form -> Expose -> Thrash -> Bash -> Vicious Claws -> Thrash -> Relentless Maul -> Expose -> Thrash -> REPEAT
- Note: If Maul is on cooldown, then go Man-form and repeat rotation.
In between gaps, you can use Vicious Claws, Thrash, Grisly Cry and Vigilant Roar as filler skills, in that priority.
Information regarding consumables, why, which types, differences, etc.