Note before using
We hope this guide will be useful to you. But 2023 is a year of class changes. Currently use this guide as a start point for your level 140 journey.
Last update: April
Class update status: Major revamp in U35
If you have any other questions or are looking for a place to chat, feel free to join our discord server!
Red Captain is a must for just about any instance/raid. They provide the support (buffs) which are required to clear the raid bosses, but apart from that, they can help out with decent DPS as well. After the recent update they are decent at solo dps for your weekly and other activities.
Other information sources available
Old guide, last updated for U33 – https://lotrohq.com/red-captain/
These goals are kept with Essence & Gear planning in mind, as to which Essences are to be prioritized over others. These goals can also be used when picking Virtues.
Critical Rating > Physical Mastery > Tactical Mitigation > Vitality
Here are the Virtues which go along with the Stat Goals:
- Zeal (Great for Mastery and Critical Rating)
- Valour (Great for Mastery, Finesse and Critical Rating)
- Confidence (Great for Critical Rating and Finesse)
- Wit (Great for Finesse, Mastery and Critical Rating)
- Loyalty (Great for Vitality and survival)
- If you need extra Survivability, swap Wit with Fidelity
If you don’t have these virtues, here are some alternatives:
- Fidelity (Great for Vitality + Tactical Mit)
- Tolerance (Gives great amount of Tactical Mit, decent Physical Mit and Resistance)
- Innocence (Gives great amount of Physical Mit, decent Tactical Mit Mit and Resistance)
Captain legendary weapons. Priority upgrades viewable in video. Produced by Gwyn.
Rotations - NA
Information regarding the rotation. Which skills and why, etc.
Information regarding consumables, why, which types, differences, etc.