Note before using
We hope this guide will be useful to you. But 2023 is a year of class changes. Currently use this guide as a start point for your level 140 journey.
Last update: April
Class update status: Recent small update. Large update slated for U36.
If you have any other questions or are looking for a place to chat, feel free to join our discord server!
A spot for LMs is always there, in just about any content. In 3-mans, LMs replace the healer, in 6-mans a LM is required for the overall debuffs, especially ones which increase DPS, and in raids LMs are required for just about everything a LM brings. This is something which has always been the case since LOTRO started, and it isn’t something which is going to change, so having a LM yellow spec is always good to have.
A Lore-master has lots utility if played right, they bring debuffs which reduce target’s damage, by quite a margin, and they also have debuffs which makes your group deliver more damage to targets. Moreover, LMs also have to control their Pets, which have further unique debuffs, and LMs also have off-healing utilities, which helps the tanks/group. There’s usually no rotation gaps/waiting periods on LM, there’s always something to do, something to refresh, which makes the class a little challenging in raids, but engaging at the same time.
Other information sources available
Older guide, Last updated for U33 – https://lotrohq.com/yellow-lore-master/
These stat goals are kept with Essence & Gear planning in mind, as to which Essences are to be prioritized over others. These goals can also be used when picking Virtues.
Finesse (30%+) > Tactical Mitigation > Physical Mitigation > Vitality
After Finesse is at 30%+, so the Lores do not resist at a T3+ level, then Essences can be used on Tactical & Physical Mitigation, so they are capped or near capped.
Here are the Virtues which go along with the Stat Goals:
- Honesty (Great for Mastery/Outgoing Healing and Critical Rating)
- Wisdom (Great for Mastery, Finesse and Critical Rating)
- Confidence (Great for Critical Rating and Finesse)
- Wit (Great for Finesse, Mastery and Critical Rating)
- Loyalty (Great for Vitality and survival)
If you don’t have these virtues, here are some alternatives:
- Fidelity (Great for Vitality + Tactical Mit)
- Tolerance (Gives great amount of Tactical Mit, decent Physical Mit and Resistance)
- Innocence (Gives great amount of Physical Mit, decent Tactical Mit Mit and Resistance)
Loremaster legendary weapons. Priority upgrades viewable in video. Produced by Gwyn.
Mix yellow and blue LI set
Rotations - outdated
Here is what I do on Lore-master.
- Before starting the fight, put a few Water-lores on the tank, along with an Air-lore. Throw tar on the area the boss should be at, along with Warding Knowledge Circle.
- Start the fight with Fire-lore, then Frost-lore. Use Wind-lore after, so both the debuffs are at the same duration.
- Now it’s time for pet debuffs, summon Nature Spirit pet first and use Catmint, then apply Nature’s Light pet skill to put a 10% morale return mark for 30s.
- Ask your group leader when they want Ancient Craft and use it accordingly.
- Then dismiss the Spirit pet and summon your Bear and apply its Shatter Arms skill for a incoming damage debuff.
- Then dismiss Bear and summon Bog-lurker and apply Root Strike skill for incoming ranged critical chance debuff (Only summon this pet if you have a Hunter in your group)
- Now is a good time to refresh Wind-lore (which will refresh Fire/Frost-lore). You can also use Signs of Power now, Command and See all Ends.
- If you have the Catmint set, your Catmint will come off cooldown right about now, use it and do the same thing for Raven pet, apply Benediction with Catmint.
- While you have rotation gaps, you can use these gaps to refresh Wind-lore on target(s) to renew your Fire/Frost-lores, give some Water-lores to tank, do some CC as per the instance requirements, and use Burning Embers/Test of Will/Lightning Storm to help DPS a bit.
- It also helps a lot to have a shortcut on your quickslot for dismissing pets. You can do so by typing this in the chat box:
- /shortcut 1 /pet release
- Keep Warding Knowledge Circle on boss on cooldown as much as you can, along with Sticky Tar. Ancient Craft refresh as per group requirements. If they don’t ask for it, then keep it on cooldown.
- Stun immunity on tank as per instance requirements.
- Juggling all Pet skills debuffs takes time to get the hang of, but don’t let them interfere with your ability to refresh Fire/Frost-lores on time with Wind-lore, and other important things.
- To summarize, keep Fire/Frost-lore always on targets, keep your pet skills (names mentioned above) on target as best as you can, priority is Nature Pet > Bear > Raven > Bog-lurker, only Spirit and Raven require Catmint. When you have done that, watch out for CC requirements and help your tank with Water-lores, and finally when all that is running, use Burning Embers > Test of Will > Lightning Storm.
Information regarding consumables, why, which types, differences, etc.