Note before using
We hope this guide will be useful to you. But 2023 is a year of class changes. Currently use this guide as a start point for your level 140 journey.
Last update: June
Class update status: Unkown
If you have any other questions or are looking for a place to chat, feel free to join our discord server!
Yellow Champion is easy to get the hang of, as the cooldowns on AoE skills are somewhat long, which gives you lots of flexibility to do other things, such as even doing a little bit of Single-target damage when AoE skills are on cooldown. This adds an interesting element to the spec, and makes for very quick DPS rotations, a blend of AoE and Single-target damage being dished out together. More explained in the rotation section down below.
Yellow Champion is usually not taken into some certain bosses of Raids if there are no AoE requirements, but bosses which do require AoE, a Yellow Champ is always preferred.
Other information sources available
Older guide, last updated for U33 – https://lotrohq.com/yellow-champion/
These goals are kept with Essence & Gear planning in mind, as to which Essences are to be prioritized over others. These goals can also be used when picking Virtues.
Critical Rating > Physical Mastery > Tactical Mitigation > Vitality
After Critical Rating and Physical Mastery are capped or near capped, save some room for Class & Trigger essences, and then Tactical Mitigation essences can be used. At the beginning of expansion,
Here are the Virtues which go along with the Stat Goals:
Champion legendary weapons. Priority upgrades viewable in video. Produced by Ghyn.
A mixed yellow and red rune with a yellow weapon
Rotations - outdated
Here is what I do on Yellow Champ:
- Your rotation should always start with these pre-buffs:
- Keep Fervour at max before entering combat.
- Use Controlled Burn.
- Start your rotation with Wild Attack to get your 5% crit chance up. If it doesn’t crit, don’t stop, just keep rotation going, use Wild Attack again soon to get that buff up.
- After WA, use Rend to debuff your target(s) and for an AoE bleed+debuff on all targets.
- Now that your WA buff is up, and your target(s) are debuffed, now it’s time to start using spenders. (If your tank has lined up all the mobs, use buff cooldowns now such as Great Cleave -> True Heroics -> Exchange of Blows.
- Start with Horn of Gondor – Battle Frenzy – Fury of Blades – Swift Blade – Raging Blades-Clobber – Blade Wall. These are your spenders and big hitters.
- When those are on Cooldown, keep Wild Attack crit chance up (It lasts for 10s and it helps if you can track it via a plugin)
- Now that all your AoE skills are on cooldown, and you have refreshed your WA buff, you can do some Single-target hits with Brutal/Fero (only if Blade-wall and all other big AoEs are on cooldown).
- Once that is done, refresh Rend repeat the AoE rotation again (number 6 on the list here)
- Mostly, Yellow Champ is all about keeping all your Spenders (Raging/Fury and Blade Wall as much as possible on cooldown, and managing your buffs simultaneously, this can take some practice but you will eventually get the hang of it. Cut Raging Blades Animation with Clobber always, if the encounter doesn’t require interrupts.
Information regarding consumables, why, which types, differences, etc.